It is preferable to reserve the tourist activities at the same time as you reserve your accommodation and pre and post-congress programmes.
Some tours have a limited number of places and reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. We therefore recommend reserving places in advance.
You will still have the possibility of registering at the Westin Harbour Castle, subject to availability. Payments must be made in Canadian Dollars.
The definitive departure times for the tourist activities will be printed in the brochure and displayed in the DESTINATION PLUS reception office, as well as in all the Congress hotels.
A minimum number of participants is required for each activity, without which the activity may be postponed or cancelled (in this case a refund will be offered).
DESTINATION PLUS will not offer a refund for any no-shows on the day of the activity.
All the tourist activities offered below are exclusively reserved for UIA Congress attendees.
The official language for all the activities is English. Depending on the number of participants and the languages spoken, sub-groups may be formed.
All activities will leave from the Westin Harbour Castle.
Please take into account the UIA events calendar below when you choose your excursions
- Opening ceremony of the congress and Welcome Cocktail on Friday, October 27 at the Westin Harbour Castle from 6.00 p.m to 9.30 p.m.
- Informal reception on Saturday, October 28 at the Hockey Hall of Fame at 8.00 p.m
- Gala dinner on Sunday, October 29 at the Royal Ontario Museum at 8.30 p.m
- Closing Ceremony and Cocktail on Monday, October 30 at the Westin Harbour Castle from 5.30 p.m - 7.00 p.m.
- General excursion of UIA on Tuesday, October 31.
The weather in Toronto in October / November can be variable. We recommend that you take warm clothes with you and to wear confortable shoes.